Democratic Socialists of America
In the Harington Style Branches, we do not discuss organizing; we discuss the
drafting of a coherent Socialist platform.
The format is an open discussion, usually in someone's living room, with beers, wine and crackers
and discus for 3 or 4 hours, a topic that would be implemented once in power.
Intro to the basic of Socialism in 10 minutes
Why Socialist politicians became Social-Democrats or Socialists
- Olof Palme (Swedish Prime Minister - Swedish with English Subtitles)
The 2020 French Socialist Party Convention
The Important Socialists Congresses (or Conventions)
Understanding the differences between Communism and Socialism
Books to read
The important events that shaped the Socialist thinking
Getting elected and Representing
To be a member of a Harrington Type DSA Branch
To be part of the leadership of those small branches you need to:
- Submit a copy of your DSA card. You can get a copy at https://proof.dsausa.org/card.
- If American Citizen, registered voter in the Democratic or Republican party in New York State.
- For Leadership position, you need to belong to one of the caucus:
- Being a member of a union, or if not working with a union, or
- Being on a member of a Non Profit not affiliated with any DSA organization, or
- Being part of the Staff of an Elected Official, or
- If retired or unemployed: being on the board of a non-profit not affiliated with DSA, or
- Willing to petition and run for Democratic or Republican party the local County Committee.
The branches in NYC:
The Michael Harrington Branch (New York Assembly 71): https://michaelharrington.dsany.org
We need to create other small Branches troughout New York City.
Email email@example.com if you are interested to start one in your Assembly District.
If you have any question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org